Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Hadfield <jh...@oldihc.org> on 2002/04/03 14:40:55 UTC

another newbie...

Sorry for the potential newbie stuff here.
I just moved from an NT running Xitami to TurboLinux running Apache, and I
need help please.  I am new to both Linux and Apache... (it's been at least
30 years since I did any Unix stuff..)
I am a windows person, so please, speak in terms of Webmin, not scripts for
now...

Apache is up and running just fine, well sorta.
1.  I have not found how to get my php scripts working yet.. need help.
2.  I have a preference to run my cgi-bin in the same directory as my web
sites, and not in the (default) /var/www/html/ (web root...)  how do I make
this change?
3.  I have a couple of simple flash animations on my site that are crashing
all browsers with a flash.ocx error, any ideas?  This has never happened
before when the site was on the 'other' server.  There is nothing wrong with
the script for the html page.

Jim Hadfield

Re: another newbie...

Posted by TL <n9...@hotmail.com>.
Jim;

I just found the answer to two similar questions yesterday, after stumbling
onto the Apache documentation in the following folder:

/var/www/html/manual

It's HTML based, and very concise.

Good Luck!

tim