Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/13 20:17:47 UTC

unable to install instances on Cloudstack 4.4, hypervisor XenServer

Hello,

I just build a fresh install of Cloudstack 4.4, using XenServer and Centos
Management server. I was able to create a advance zone, Systems VMs were
created without issues. when I try to build an instance for the first time,
it created a router. I was able to log in to router ping google. but
building the instance failed.

Error "Status"
Job failed due to exception Unable to create a deployment for
VM[User|i-2-7-VM]

AW: unable to install instances on Cloudstack 4.4, hypervisor XenServer

Posted by Martin Emrich <ma...@empolis.com>.
Hi!

Try using "CentOS 6.4 (64bit)" instead of "CentOS 6.5 (64bit)" for the CentOS VM, that worked for me. AFAIK Cloudstack thinks that XenServer 6.2.5 (which is basically XenServer 6.2 with a specific set of updates&patches) cannot support CentOS 6.5.

Regards,

Martin

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
I changed my ISOs to "OS Type" to "Other" now I am able to build instances.

Thanks,

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.