Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca> on 2017/02/28 23:47:32 UTC

PyArrow on PyPi?

Looking for PyArrow on PyPi gives me PyArrow 0.1.0, is there plan(s) to
release PyArrow 0.2.0 to PyPi? (see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyarrow )?

--
Cell : 425-233-8271

Re: PyArrow on PyPi?

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
I plan to upload a the sdist once the Linux manylinux1 wheels are ready
(awaiting the Parquet C++ 1.0 release). Currently the sdist requires
Arrow C++ to be already installed on the system which is very
inconvenient.

In a foreseeable future, I'm not going to have time to tackle that
issue, so volunteers are welcome ;). At least with 0.3.0 I hope to also
be able to build redistributable wheels for OSX, this will hopefully be
a byproduct of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-566 . My main
endeavour on the packaging front is currently to have other packages
link against the libarrow.so shipped in the wheels.

--
  Uwe L. Korn
  uwelk@xhochy.com