Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Nandani Aggarwal <na...@paxcel.net> on 2012/05/20 19:25:52 UTC

Product Promotions

Hello All,

To display offers or promotions associated with particular product on
website front page.
Eg: Promotion : On purchase of product "A", customer will get product " B"
free.
On website page , Product A is displayed and along with it , want to
display (associated promotion) product "B" as free  with it.
I am able to apply promotions on applying promotion code or during checkout
process.But i want to display promotions associated with particular product
 to user before checkout process or applying coupon code to make user aware
of various benefits or promotions on purchasing particular product.

Please suggest me , if any service exist to determine associated promotions
with particular product Id(independent of cart).
Hope to get  positive response.

Thanks and Regards
Nandani Aggarwal

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Chandan Khandelwal <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Nandani,

Yes we don't have any method in OOTB to get all the promotion associated
with the products, For this you can use ProductPromoProduct entity to
find promotion associated with the product and show related information
with the help of promotion id.

HTH

Thanks & Regards
--
Chandan Khandelwal

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Rajbir Saini <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Deepak Agarwal" <da...@gmail.com>
> Jacques, so is that mean a free gift to a product can not be shown in
> product detail page until it is added to shopping cart ?

Nope, you can certainly do that, http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8080/ecommerce/control/showAllPromotions

I was just talking about the fundamental diff. between Prices Rules and Promos related to cart.

> I think Nandani wants to show a free gift on a product in product detail
> page.

This could help I think http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8080/ecommerce/control/showPromotionDetails?productPromoId=9017

Jacques

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Nandani Aggarwal <na...@paxcel.net>.
Hello ,

I think "ProductPromoEntity" may solve the problem as suggested by chandan.
I am not looking for product price rules , i want to display promotion like
"On purchase of product "A" , product "B" will be given free."
For promotions (mentioned above) , do i have to get list of ProductPromoIds
on basis of productIds and using this list ,  actions can be determined and
finally display this action information.

Thanks
Nandani

Re: Product Promotions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.