Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@costin.dnt.ro> on 2000/05/10 01:49:35 UTC

Vote: removing old adapters

Hi,

The goal is to simplify and clean up the adapters, implement
afterRead ( and byte->char converters ).
We have a bit too much code to maintain, and it would be easier
to have fewer connectors to worry about when doing all the changes.

Right now we are using and actively developing Ajp12, Http and JNI.

Ajp23 was an experiment I made some time ago - I think it's better to
remove it ( I don't think anyone is using it ).

Ajp11 is a different story. Right now all the work is done on Ajp12,
which is faster. The NES and IIS adapters are not supporting Ajp11,
it can be used only with Apache.

Is anyone using ajp11 ? Is anyone maintaining it for tomcat ?

Please use your  "-1" if you need ajp11 or ajp23.

Costin