Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com> on 2002/11/14 14:28:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching problem still

Hi,

Our webenabled application needs to get rid of all cache.
We added these lines in the head of every page:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="cache-control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

One of our customers demanded to add it in the Apache, because cache worked
for him.
I added a few lines, and noticed how everything was no longer cached,
resulting in images not showing.

I commented out the headers in the pages, and changed the caching in Apache
to this, it's almost in top of the httpd.conf:
ExpiresActive on
ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpg A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
ExpiresByType text/html A2592000
ExpiresByType text/htm A2592000
ExpiresDefault "now"
Header set Cache-Control "no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"

When I open www.ubcar.com, the images are still cached with an immediate
expire, instead of a month later.

I hope someone can cast some light on this.  Most of all... is my Apache
config correct???  If it is, I might need to bug IBM again hehe

Thanks for any help!!

Koen

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

***** UBench nv *****
http://www.ubench.com
The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential,
and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure,reproduction, distribution or other
use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.