Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2009/07/10 01:50:54 UTC

[Axis2] Any plans for WSDL2Java to generate services.xml including WS-Policy?

The WSDL2Java codegen for server-side deployment appears to ignore any
WS-Policy information in the WSDL (unlike the client-side code
generation, which builds code to attach the policy information to the
appropriate description components). Are there any plans to include
WS-Policy information in the generated services.xml so that users
starting from WSDL won't need to add this manually?

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java XML and Web Services

Re: [Axis2] Any plans for WSDL2Java to generate services.xml including WS-Policy?

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com
> <ma...@sosnoski.com>> wrote:
>
>     The WSDL2Java codegen for server-side deployment appears to ignore
>     any WS-Policy information in the WSDL (unlike the client-side code
>     generation, which builds code to attach the policy information to
>     the appropriate description components). Are there any plans to
>     include WS-Policy information in the generated services.xml so
>     that users starting from WSDL won't need to add this manually?
>

> When generating the code for server side it adds the wsdl to the
> service archive. Therefore at the deployment time Axis2 builds the
> Axis object structure using the given wsdl and hence Axis2 object
> structure contains the polices.
> Isn't this work for you? But I think you need to add the rampart
> specific polices (keystore, passwords) to service.xml.

Ah, I hadn't realized this was how it was supposed to work. The Rampart
examples all seem to take the approach of adding both the standard
policy and the Rampart configuration to the services.xml. Thanks for the
clarification!

I'll try my examples with this in mind and see if there are any problems.

  - Dennis

Re: [Axis2] Any plans for WSDL2Java to generate services.xml including WS-Policy?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> wrote:

> The WSDL2Java codegen for server-side deployment appears to ignore any
> WS-Policy information in the WSDL (unlike the client-side code generation,
> which builds code to attach the policy information to the appropriate
> description components). Are there any plans to include WS-Policy
> information in the generated services.xml so that users starting from WSDL
> won't need to add this manually?

When generating the code for server side it adds the wsdl to the service
archive. Therefore at the deployment time Axis2 builds the Axis object
structure using the given wsdl and hence Axis2 object structure contains the
polices.
Isn't this work for you? But I think you need to add the rampart specific
polices (keystore, passwords) to service.xml.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi