Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robert Krueger <kr...@signal7.de> on 2003/02/16 09:24:43 UTC

problems upgrading mod_perl

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading an old installation (mod_perl 1.25, perl 5.005, apache
1.3.12 -> mod_perl 1.27, perl 5.8.0, apache 1.3.27) and encounter strange
problems.

when starting apache I get:

Can't locate loadable object for module Apache::Log

Now this usually indicates I forgot to specify the log api to be build during
the build process. however, I built modperl using:

perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1;make install

in addition to that tests fail with the following output:

letting apache warm up...\c
Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/local/src/apache/mod_perl-1.27/t/conf/srm.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlTransHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
done

this looks as if mod_perl was not compiled into the apache server (which I had
mod_perl build for me).

what else can I look for?

thanks in advance for any hints.

Robert

Re: problems upgrading mod_perl

Posted by Robert Krueger <kr...@signal7.de>.
you're right. lousy posting of mine ;-). luckily I've managed to solve the
problem by just trying to to it step by step again with freshly unpacked
archives to document each step to respond to your posting with a little more
detailed info. I must have messed it up the first time somehow.

thanks for your quick response and take care,

robert

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Robert Krueger wrote:

> I'm currently upgrading an old installation (mod_perl 1.25, perl 5.005, apache
> 1.3.12 -> mod_perl 1.27, perl 5.8.0, apache 1.3.27) and
[snip]