Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2017/11/24 23:14:23 UTC

AARCH64 Blocker

Hi,

on the ARM64 CI Host (centos-7)  docker networking seems to be to instable to be useful.

In a docker machine calling this command (fedora26 on aarch64, but others as well) fails (timeouts) for about 50% of all tries.

curl -v -o /dev/null 'http://conjars.org/repo/org/pentaho/pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm/5.1.5-jhyde/pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm-5.1.5-jhyde.jar'

On the docker host this works flawless. Nameserver (8.8.8.8) the same for machine and host.

I am out of options, will have to cancel efforts to port bigtop on aarch64 for now.

docker --version
Docker version 1.12.5, build 047e51b/1.12.5

I have no idea where this docker installation comes from, since it is not enabled in systemd / init.

Olaf

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Marcin,

thank you very much for your effort. Sent via DM. Will share the key when set up

Olaf

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

Posted by Marcin Juszkiewicz <ma...@linaro.org>.

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Now I understand what you are referring to: --net=host let docker use host networking . It took a while ;-)

Actually, on our x86_64 ci we are using container networking with a sonatype nexus container as a caching proxy for maven artifacts.  This results in sharing the network with all compile jobs on the same host.

We had big problems with that in the past related to insane compile projects interfering with each other: The spark version 1 and spark version 2 jobs running on the same host mixed their network based nailgun scala compilation service since they are on the same network. This is fixed by us by turning nailgun off.

When we switch on --net=host, every compile job opening up services is not only visible to each other, it is exposed to the internet, but it is essentially the same as running a compile job on the host itself.

Let's try it for compilation. However, the docker provisioner will not work that way.

Regards,
Olaf

Re: AARCH64 Blocker

Posted by Jun HE <ry...@gmail.com>.