Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kyle Adams <ka...@gfs.com> on 2004/03/17 23:05:04 UTC

Purging old snapshots in repository

So I've been plumbing around in the depths of Maven source code and the artifact plugin; I've also been digging around on http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ .  What I don't see is a bunch of timestamped JARS, which leads me to believe something is cleaned old timestamped JARS out of the build artifact repository.  Is that correct?  If so, what's doing the cleaning?  A cron job running on the server?  A maven class that does the cleaning when pushing a new version out?

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162

Re: Purging old snapshots in repository

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 17:43, Craig S. Cottingham wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:05, Kyle Adams wrote:
> > So I've been plumbing around in the depths of Maven source code and the artifact plugin; I've also been digging around on http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ .  What I don't see is a bunch of timestamped JARS, which leads me to believe something is cleaned old timestamped JARS out of the build artifact repository.  Is that correct?  If so, what's doing the cleaning?  A cron job running on the server?  A maven class that does the cleaning when pushing a new version out?
>
> I assume that snapshots are never deployed to ibiblio, so they never
> need to be cleaned up.

Snapshots are deployed to ibiblio and they are not removed.

Nothing is supposed to be removed from ibiblio and if someone went in
and did so they shouldn't have.

> --
> Craig S. Cottingham
> craig@cottingham.net