Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexandre Russel <Al...@ach.u-cergy.fr> on 2005/11/21 11:52:21 UTC

[mvn] using cactus with maven2

Hi,

I am trying to use cactus with maven 2.  My pom.xml:

          <plugin>
            <artifactId>cactus-maven</artifactId>
            <groupId>cactus</groupId>
            <version>1.7</version>
          </plugin>

and the result:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:292)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:198)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:163)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1095)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1060)

However the plugin is in the repository.  Am I making a mistake or is
there a problem with the plugin?
Could also someone confirm that the cactus directory should be under the
test directory?

thanks in advance for your help.
Alex

RE: [mvn] using cactus with maven2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

ATM you still need to specify a <configuration> element as shown on
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+plugin?refresh=1

But it's a good idea for improvement to default to a standalone local
configuration if none is specified.

> trying mvn cargo:start I got:
>
> Downloading:
> http://cargo.codehaus.org/dist2/geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-j2ee-
> deployment/1.1-rc4/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment-1.1-rc4.pom
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
>

> Project ID: geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment
>
> Reason: Error getting POM for
> 'geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment' from the repository: Error
> transferring file
>   geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment:1.1-rc4:pom
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   cargo repository (http://cargo.codehaus.org/dist2),
>   snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

I've just checked and the Geronimo jar is indeed in the ibiblio m2 repo:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment/1.
1-rc4/

Thus it looks to me as it is a transient error with ibiblio.

Can you try again?

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: [mvn] using cactus with maven2

Posted by Alexandre Russel <Al...@ach.u-cergy.fr>.
Vincent Massol a écrit :

>The recommendation right now (while waiting for a proper cactus m2 plugin)
>is to use Cargo to all container manipulations (http://cargo.codehaus.org).

thanks for your answer. I am trying to use cargo.
My pom.xml is:

  <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo.maven2</groupId>
            <version>0.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <configuration>
              <container>
              <containerId>jboss</containerId>
              <home>/usr/local/jboss-4.0.2</home>
              </container>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>

trying mvn cargo:start I got:

Downloading:
http://cargo.codehaus.org/dist2/geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment/1.1-rc4/geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment-1.1-rc4.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment

Reason: Error getting POM for
'geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment' from the repository: Error
transferring file
  geronimo-spec:geronimo-spec-j2ee-deployment:1.1-rc4:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  cargo repository (http://cargo.codehaus.org/dist2),
  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

thanks

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Alexandre,

The Cactus plugin is a *maven1* plugin not a maven2 one. There's no cactus
plugin for maven2 yet.

The recommendation right now (while waiting for a proper cactus m2 plugin)
is to use Cargo to all container manipulations (http://cargo.codehaus.org).
In any case the next version of Cactus will use cargo.

Thanks
-Vincent