Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by hasssip satang <ha...@googlemail.com> on 2005/11/02 22:41:25 UTC

RE: tomcat source / eclipse project

Thanks for the link. The build file works just fine and I'm now working on
the subversion repository :) Would be cool if you could update the doc to
point to this file instead of the old one working on the CVS sources.

Setting up the projects in eclipse still seems like a big, time consuming
task. Could you please point me to some .project / .classpath files as well?

Why don't you just add these files to the 'Building with Eclipse' section of
the doc? I think that would help a lot of people getting started and speed
up the process of setting up the projects big time.

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Apache.org>.
+1

It is a pain setting these up.

Keith

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Peter Rossbach wrote:
> Hey Mark,
>
> I think we must correct the absolut Lib Paths  inside all .classpath.
> Set a Eclipse Variable
> to the base.path repository and use this jars instead.

Didn't know you could do this. I have updated the .classpaths accordingly.

> I am not sure that all jar versions are correspond to the
> build/build.properties.defaults. Example I use Ant 1.6.5.

There were a number of differences. These should all now align.

Mark

Re: tomcat source / eclipse project

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hey Mark,

I think we must correct the absolut Lib Paths  inside all .classpath.
Set a Eclipse Variable
to the base.path repository and use this jars instead.

+	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/JavaDev/libs/commons-logging-1.0.4/commons-logging-api.jar"/>
+	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/JavaDev/libs/mx4j-3.0.1/lib/mx4j.jar"/>

<<<<

I am not sure that all jar versions are correspond to the
build/build.properties.defaults. Example I use Ant 1.6.5.

Thanks
Peter

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Done.

Mark

Posted by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
> Setting up the projects in eclipse still seems like a big, time consuming
> task. Could you please point me to some .project / .classpath files as well?
>
> Why don't you just add these files to the 'Building with Eclipse' section of
> the doc? I think that would help a lot of people getting started and speed
> up the process of setting up the projects big time.

+1 and another +1 :-)

An eclipse-ready project or at least a possibility to checkout the
repository it in a structured way, with one source folder and one lib
folder, would be everything one can dream of :-)

regards
Leon