Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Espen Skogen <es...@skogen.org> on 2012/02/12 23:22:09 UTC

Rsl style loading of dependencies from a module

RE: Rsl style loading of dependencies from a module

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>Can't seem to find you in Jira. Are you all set up already?

Yes, labriola is my username

Notice: This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original transmission. Thank you.

RE: Rsl style loading of dependencies from a module

Posted by "Skogen, Espen" <es...@jpmorgan.com>.

Espen Skogen | Vice President | IB Tech Market | Investment Bank | J.P. Morgan | 125 London Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T: +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com | jpmorgan.com

>Got it. I wrote this for a client already. Let me see if this is something that we can contribute.

Which is another way of saying, feel free to assign this to me :)

Posted by "Skogen, Espen" <es...@jpmorgan.com>.
Consider it assigned:)

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
> The use case is this: in a large enterprise app I may not be in
> control of the application itself, but merely be in control of my
> module which gets loaded on demand in the app.
> If I compile my module with dependencies configured to rsl, it will
> have no effect, since the module hasn't got a bootstrap phase where
> the rsls can be loaded. I want to be able to declare my dependencies
> in the module, and have those loaded at runtime rather than being
> merged in. More importantly, if the application itself already has the
> dependency in question in the app domain, no loading is necessary.
>
> So the idea is to remove the need for the app to know of all the
> dependencies a module might have, and let the module itself trigger
> the load if it's not already loaded.
>
> You could expand on it to include an ability to traverse the
> dependency tree of itself and all its dependencies to ensure the most
> efficient runtime loading of dependencies - I've played a bit with
> that sort of idea in the past.
>
> E:)

Got it. I wrote this for a client already. Let me see if this is something that we can contribute.

Mike