Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Sandeep@I2IT" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 03:32:02 UTC

Can we configure Receiving Application for JMS an SMTP server

Hello,
    I want to send e-mails to new user registered on my website. I want 100%
mail delivery, i don't have control over my smtp server. Right now my
program is directly sending message to smtp server  but if that smtp server
is down then my application wil not able to send mail. What i now want is My
application will feed all mails as messages to a JMS queue then jms forward
all those messages to my mail server if it is up otherwise it will store my
messages until my smtp server ups.

Re: Can we configure Receiving Application for JMS an SMTP server

Posted by Tracy Snell <ts...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 15, 2010, at 10:32 PM, Sandeep@I2IT wrote:
> Hello,
>    I want to send e-mails to new user registered on my website. I want 100%
> mail delivery, i don't have control over my smtp server. Right now my
> program is directly sending message to smtp server  but if that smtp server
> is down then my application wil not able to send mail. What i now want is My
> application will feed all mails as messages to a JMS queue then jms forward
> all those messages to my mail server if it is up otherwise it will store my
> messages until my smtp server ups.

Yep. Use camel mail component to pull from the queue and deliver the messages.

http://camel.apache.org/mail.html