Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Merwin Yap <my...@exist.com> on 2005/06/02 11:05:17 UTC

Mail service

Hi! I am using the alpha 2 version.  I’ve got a couple of questions:

1.	Mail

-          What do I need to enable the mailing service of Continuum?  I
have the following snippet in the POM but I am getting an error.

POM snippet:

  <ciManagement>

     <system>continuum</system>

     <url>http://localhost:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum</url>

     <notifiers>

        <notifier>

           <type>mail</type>

           <address>myap@exist.com</address>

           <configuration/>

        </notifier>

     </notifiers>

  </ciManagement>

Console output:

Build event for project 'MerwinB':Goals completed. state: 2

Build event for project 'MerwinB':Build complete. state: 2

2005-06-02 16:10:52,498 [Thread-4] INFO  Notifier:mail                  -
Sending message: From '"Co

ntinuum@MERWIN" <my...@exist.com>'.

2005-06-02 16:10:52,498 [Thread-4] INFO  Notifier:mail                  -
Recipient: To '<myap@exist

.com>'.

2005-06-02 16:10:53,430 [Thread-4] WARN  NotificationDispatcher         -
Error while sending notifi

cation.

org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Error while
notifiying.

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendNotif
ication(MailC

ontinuumNotifier.java:177)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.DefaultNotificationDispatcher.sendNotificat
ion(DefaultNo

tificationDispatcher.java:80)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.sendNotifi

action(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:128)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.sendNotifi

action(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:89)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.buildCompl

ete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:77)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(Defa
ultBuildContr

oller.java:177)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeT
ask(BuildProj

ectTaskExecutor.java:50)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRu
nnable.run(Th

readedTaskQueueExecutor.java:100)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.ContinuumException: Exception while
sending message.

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendMessa
ge(MailContin

uumNotifier.java:340)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.buildComp
lete(MailCont

inuumNotifier.java:261)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendNotif
ication(MailC

ontinuumNotifier.java:172)

        ... 8 more

Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while
sending mail.

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailSender.send(SimpleMailSender
.java:118)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendMessa
ge(MailContin

uumNotifier.java:336)

        ... 10 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailMessage.connect(SimpleMailMe
ssage.java:42

0)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailMessage.<init>(SimpleMailMes
sage.java:202

)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailSender.send(SimpleMailSender
.java:75)

        ... 11 more

2.	I have a project that has parent project (composed of subproject A
and B) which I added to Continuum. Upon running, I saw that the sub-projects
were added to the list of Continuum projects but there was entry for the
parent project. Is this the expected result? The sub-projects did build and
return an OK status.

Thanks!

Regards,

Merwin

Re: Mail service

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@student.matnat.uio.no>.
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 06:46:45PM +0800, Merwin Yap wrote:
> Hi. Maybe for a newbie like me, I would be a bit confused. :) Anyway, I
> tried adding the smtp host and port but still failed sending. How about the
> username and password?  About the documentation, maybe samples would help
> newbie like me.

Sorry, we don't have a way to specify username and password. You can set
the value that will be used as the From field in the mail and AFAIK most
SMTP servers can be configured to relay based on the From field or based
on the IP of the sender.

Added a issue about samples in the documentation[1].

> Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.

[1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-177

--
Trygve

RE: Mail service

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@student.matnat.uio.no>.

RE: Mail service

>Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I believe the default host to use is "localhost". This indicates you are
not running a mail server on localhost (eg, if you are on windows, this
is very rare).

Try setting the smtp-host to a machine that is listening for mail on
port 25.

>2.	I have a project that has parent project (composed of subproject A
>and B) which I added to Continuum. Upon running, I saw that the
sub-projects
>were added to the list of Continuum projects but there was entry for the
>parent project. Is this the expected result? The sub-projects did build and
>return an OK status.

Yep, that's correct behaviour.

- Brett

Re: Mail service