Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "RathinaGanesh : Vancouver is beautiful !!" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 17:38:46 UTC

Struts 1.2 and JSF

Greetings:

I was wondering, if I can combine struts 1.2 and jsf together..?
I was trying to use the Ajax4jsf (Exadel's RichFaces)..It seems, this
component needs JSF...
Did any one use this this with Struts 1.2 before..??

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Re: Struts 1.2 and JSF

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
RathinaGanesh : Vancouver is beautiful !! wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I was wondering, if I can combine struts 1.2 and jsf together..?
> I was trying to use the Ajax4jsf (Exadel's RichFaces)..It seems, this
> component needs JSF...
> Did any one use this this with Struts 1.2 before..??

Well, the JSF dependency is sort of explicit there in the name... ;-)

The short answer is that you *can* combine JSF and Struts1 technologies,
but I personally wouldn't really recommend it except as a migration
strategy. The architectures are quite different and don't really work
too well together (IMHO).

Anyway, for further reading, check out the Struts Faces integration
library here:

   http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-faces/index.html

L.