Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/08 07:22:21 UTC

Error running HMM model

    I am learning mahout usage and as suggested here am trying to run my sample but i get the below error, kindly suggestError: Could not find or load main class ..mahout
Note: I have set MAHOUT_HOME to trunk and $PATH has $MAHOUT_HOME/bin in ~/.bashrc.Also am unable to run mahout from the installation directory also, i see same error and the command am running is:java -Xmx1024M ./mahout baumwelch -i hmm-input -o hmm-model -nh 3 -no 4 -e .0001 -m 1000

Re: Error running HMM model

Posted by Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Infact if i just type mahout i get the following error
raghuveer@csstpdfc561:~/trunk$ mahout
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, so we don't add HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, running locally
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

     On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:07 AM, Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Same no change except
Error: Could not find or load main class ..bin.mahout

     On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 10:55 AM, Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

 From $MAHOUT_HOME try running ./bin/mahout
and see if that works.

Re: Error running HMM model

Posted by Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
One correction here i used 2.4.1 version instead of 1.2.1 which should be the case here.
thanks,Raghuveer

     On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:32 AM, Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 I downloaded the trunk.tar.gz for mahout and have hadoop 2.4.1 installed, did a build with command

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 clean compile

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 -DskipTests=true clean package

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 clean install -DskipTests=true
Now at the command prompt i type
> mahoutMAHOUT_LOCAL is set, so we don't add HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, running locally
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

Above it prints the stacktrace. Kindly help.

     On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:10 AM, Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Could u  post the original issue more clearly formatted? its hard to discern from your earlier post as to what is wrong

seems like an installation issue on ur end.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM, Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Same no change except
Error: Could not find or load main class ..bin.mahout

 From $MAHOUT_HOME try running ./bin/mahout

Re: Error running HMM model

Posted by Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I downloaded the trunk.tar.gz for mahout and have hadoop 2.4.1 installed, did a build with command

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 clean compile

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 -DskipTests=true clean package

mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.2.1 clean install -DskipTests=true
Now at the command prompt i type
> mahoutMAHOUT_LOCAL is set, so we don't add HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, running locally
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

Above it prints the stacktrace. Kindly help.

     On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:10 AM, Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Could u  post the original issue more clearly formatted? its hard to discern from your earlier post as to what is wrong

seems like an installation issue on ur end.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM, Raghuveer <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Same no change except
Error: Could not find or load main class ..bin.mahout

 From $MAHOUT_HOME try running ./bin/mahout

Re: Error running HMM model

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error running HMM model