Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yuval Itzchakov <yu...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/14 16:41:36 UTC

Spark Kubernetes Operator

Hi,

ATM I see the most used option for a Spark operator is the one provided by
Google: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/spark-on-k8s-operator

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem actively maintained. Are there any plans to
support an official Apache Spark community driven operator?

Re: Spark Kubernetes Operator

Posted by Yuval Itzchakov <yu...@gmail.com>.
I'm not running on GKE. I am wondering what's the long term strategy around
a Spark operator. Operators are the de-facto way to run complex
deployments. The Flink community now has an official community led
operator, and I was wondering if there are any similar plans for Spark.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,