Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Tapper, Gunnar" <gu...@hp.com> on 2015/05/01 00:19:47 UTC

jmx?description=true

Hi,

The documentation says:

“Click the Metrics Dump link near the top. The metrics for the region server are presented as a dump of the JMX bean in JSON format. This will dump out all metrics names and their values. To include metrics descriptions in the listing — this can be useful when you are exploring what is available — add a query string of ?description=true so your URL becomes http://REGIONSERVER_HOSTNAME:60030/jmx?description=true<http://regionserver_hostname:60030/jmx?description=true>. Not all beans and attributes have descriptions.”

I can never get this to work for either the Master or RegionServers. No descriptions are provided.

Could someone provide an example for BOTH the Master and a RegionServer with descriptions? I’d like to know what the different counters do.

Thank you,

Gunnar

Download a free version of HPDSM, a unified big-data administration tool for Vertica and Hadoop at: HP DSM Download<https://vertica.hpwsportal.com/>

“People don’t know what they want until you show it to them… Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.” — Steve Jobs

RE: jmx?description=true

Posted by "Tapper, Gunnar" <gu...@hp.com>.
2015-05-01 15:00:51,688 INFO  [main] util.VersionInfo: HBase 0.98.0.2.1.5.0-695-hadoop2 (HortonWorks)
15/05/01 15:03:31 INFO util.VersionInfo: HBase 0.98.6-cdh5.3.2 (Cloudera)

I haven't tried on our MapR systems yet.

Sample:

[seapilot@host01 ~]$ curl http://host05.cluster.com:60010/jmx?description=true  | more
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0{
  "beans" : [ {
    "name" : "java.lang:type=Memory",
    "modelerType" : "sun.management.MemoryImpl",
    "HeapMemoryUsage" : {
      "committed" : 832241664,
      "init" : 860880896,
      "max" : 833290240,
      "used" : 146761864
    },
    "NonHeapMemoryUsage" : {
      "committed" : 81756160,
      "init" : 24313856,
      "max" : 136314880,
      "used" : 51497664
    },
    "ObjectPendingFinalizationCount" : 0,
    "Verbose" : false,
    "ObjectName" : "java.lang:type=Memory"
  }, {
    "name" : "Hadoop:service=HBase,name=MetricsSystem,sub=Control",
    "modelerType" : "org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl"
  }, {
    "name" : "Hadoop:service=HBase,name=Master,sub=AssignmentManger",
    "modelerType" : "Master,sub=AssignmentManger",
    "tag.Context" : "master",
    "tag.Hostname" : "host05.cluster.com",
    "ritOldestAge" : 0,
    "ritCount" : 0,
    "BulkAssign_num_ops" : 2517,
    "BulkAssign_min" : 0,
    "BulkAssign_max" : 5862,
    "BulkAssign_mean" : 27.341676599125943,
    "BulkAssign_median" : 0.0,
    "BulkAssign_75th_percentile" : 52.0,
    "BulkAssign_95th_percentile" : 93.5,
    "BulkAssign_99th_percentile" : 133.90000000000032,
    "ritCountOverThreshold" : 0,
    "Assign_num_ops" : 1,
    "Assign_min" : 109,
    "Assign_max" : 109,
    "Assign_mean" : 109.0,
    "Assign_median" : 109.0,
    "Assign_75th_percentile" : 109.0,
    "Assign_95th_percentile" : 109.0,
    "Assign_99th_percentile" : 109.0
  }, {
    "name" : "Hadoop:service=HBase,name=UgiMetrics",
    "modelerType" : "UgiMetrics",
    "tag.Context" : "ugi",
    "tag.Hostname" : "host05.cluster.com",
    "LoginSuccessNumOps" : 0,

[...]