Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Mahmut TEKER <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/07 14:07:55 UTC

2 important issue (LDAP default domain and Moodle plug-in)

Hi,

   In our system we faced with two important problems, we also want to
ask you;

  1) We have enabled LDAP login in our system (with no problem), but we
want to make the LDAP domain as the default domain on the login page.
How can we do it? We tried to change the "checkLoginData.lzx" according
to this link
http://groups.google.com/group/openmeetings-dev/browse_thread/thread/21d719ae2f07c0ef
but we could not achieve. Also we want to remove color-style and quality
parts but the default domain is more important for us.

2) We also installed Moodle plug-in into our Moodle site and achieved
connection between both of them. However, the scenario we have faced
that, ( our Moodle site and OM site use the same LDAP tree) when a user
logs into Moodle site and then makes a connection to OM, system is
creating a user according to the username in Moodle. After the
videoconference made from Moodle, the created user remains in the system
as Disabled. And then when the same user tries to connect OM from OM
site, system does not allow him/her to login because there is already a
username with the same name but which is disabled.

As a result, users connecting from Moodle can not login OM directly
because there remains a same username. Moreover, as the admin I can not
make any change on the user (except for deleting him/her from users
table) such as on the organisation etc...

I hope you can help me,

Best Regards,

_Mahmut

Re: 2 important issue (LDAP default domain and Moodle plug-in)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
There is need for a mininal change in the source code and you need to
compile a binary.

The neccessary source code change is:
You change in LdapLoginmanagement.java ~400

replace "getUserByLogin"
with "getUserByLoginOrEmail"

This will have the desired effect.

then you need to compile a binary using ANT.
You might better use a very early revision from SVN (or even the revision
from the old repository that is the same as the Release that you would like
to fix)

Sebastian

>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/
>>> http://www.webbase-design.de