Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ArunKumar <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 17:01:36 UTC

How do i customize the name of the job during submission?

Hi guys !

When a Job is submitted it is given an ID say job_200904211745_0018 in
Hadoop.

But for some reason i want to submit it with ID say "job1". How can i do
that ?

Arun

Re: How do i customize the name of the job during submission?

Posted by Niv Mizrahi <ni...@taykey.com>.
just set the "mapred.*job*.*name*" in any config file.
but dont set it in the job.
many of the hadoop runners, receive as an argument

 -D mapred.*job*.*name=your-job*-name

Niv

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM, ArunKumar <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Harsh,
>
> I need to run some set of jobs(with same input size and from same
> application) periodically say job1: Wordcount on 10 Gb, job2: Pi with 10000
> samples , job3 : Wordcount on 40 GB, etc.. and i want to analyze some
> things.
> For that i need to identify the job the consecutive time. It would be
> better if i had same ID irrespective of iteration for a particular job.
>
> If i have to specify a custom job 'name' via the regular JobConf/Job APIs i
> need to modify the example source code of Wordcount, Pi etc.in my case. I
> think it doesn't suite my needs.
>
> Can i do that setting job name part while submitting the job at terminal ?
> (or) Is there any alternative ?
>

> Arun
>

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Harsh J-2 [via Lucene] <
> ml-node+s472066n3632243h12@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> > Arun,
> >
> > You can't change the job IDs. Why do you seek to do this though?
> >
> > You can, however, specify a custom job 'name' via the regular JobConf/Job
> > APIs.
> >
> > On 04-Jan-2012, at 9:31 PM, ArunKumar wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys !
> > >
> > > When a Job is submitted it is given an ID say job_200904211745_0018 in
> > > Hadoop.
> > >
> > > But for some reason i want to submit it with ID say "job1". How can i
> do
> > > that ?
> > >
> > > Arun
> > >
> > > --

> > .
> > NAML<
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.InstantMailNamespace&breadcrumbs=instant+emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

*Niv Mizrahi*
Taykey | www.taykey.com

Re: How do i customize the name of the job during submission?

Posted by ArunKumar <ar...@gmail.com>.
Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Arun,