Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rob van Oostrum <ro...@blastradius.com> on 2004/07/28 14:41:48 UTC

having multiple s pointing to the same repository

I'm running SVN 1.0.5 on RedHat9 through Apache 2.0.49 and BDB 4.2.x

Are there any issues with the following setup:

- repository X contains all my code
- <Location /internal> points to repository X and authenticates users through mod_ldap
- <Location /external> points to repository X and authenticates users through mod_svn_authz
- users may be committing to the repository through both Locations at the same time

I would suspect this should work since ultimately everything goes through the same Apache instance (as a result of which only 1 system user ever writes to the repository). Any potential disaster scenarios I'm missing here?

cheers
Rob

Re: having multiple s pointing to the same repository

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 09:41, Rob van Oostrum wrote:
> I'm running SVN 1.0.5 on RedHat9 through Apache 2.0.49 and BDB 4.2.x
>
> Are there any issues with the following setup:
>
> - repository X contains all my code
> - <Location /internal> points to repository X and authenticates users through mod_ldap
> - <Location /external> points to repository X and authenticates users through mod_svn_authz
> - users may be committing to the repository through both Locations at the same time

Sounds fine to me.