Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com> on 2007/10/25 22:08:36 UTC

T5: How to upgrade from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6

This question may look simple for you but I ask it anyway.

What are the steps to upgrade a project from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6?

Do I just need to modify my web.xml file or the pom.xml file?

Yes, I know, once upgraded, I'll have to rename my pages .html files to .tml
and move them in webapp.

Thanks in advance.

Re: T5: How to upgrade from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6

Posted by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com>.
Great!
I just know that I had to rename and move the templates!
Now its' working !!!
Thanks!

2007/10/27, jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>:

> Thanks for the answer,
>
> Now my application is loading (aside from some components).
>
> I still get a warning, though:
> (org.mortbay.util.Container).
>
> Although it's not important to fix for now.
>
> I guess the archetype loads a new log4j.properties file, too.
>
> Anyway, I will create a new quickstart application and copy files, instead
> of upgrading.
>

> Lindsay Steele wrote:
> >
> > Maybe just change the line in appmodule to:
> >
> >     public RequestFilter buildTimingFilter(final Logger log)
> >
> > and then add the import
> >
> > import org.slf4j.Logger;
> >
> > Personally I just downloaded a quick new quickstart archetype and copied
> > the new AppModule.java accross.
> >

> > jblier wrote:
> >> Hi Mike!
> >>
> >> Before your message I tried all your steps.
> >>
> >> When starting the application in my browser, it did not find the root
> >> /myapp
> >> and gave a 404 error. Although all my files were moved and renamed
> *.tml,
> >> all inject annotations redone, etc.
> >>
> >> By telling Maven to update the source folder, now I get a 500 error
> with
> >> the
> >> /myapp root.
> >>
> >> I followed your steps on a backup copy and got the same 404 and then
> the
> >> 500
> >> after updating the source folder.
> >>
> >> In both instances, the AppModule.java gives me an error:
> >>
> >> log.info(String.format("Request time: %d ms", elapsed));
> >>
> >> with the explanation "The method info(String) is undefined for the type
> >> Log".
> >>
> >> I also used Open Run Dialog to disable logging, to no avail, because I
> >> still
> >> get the 500 error.
> >>
> >> Do I need to modify the AppModule.java file?
> >>
> >> So I guess the proper way to upgrade is to use a new archetype to
> create
> >> an
> >> empty application et paste in all my files.

> import
> howard's

Best wishes,
Eko SW
http://swdev.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/

Re: T5: How to upgrade from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
Thanks for the answer,

Posted by Lindsay Steele <lg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
Hi Mike!

Posted by Mike_R <Mi...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Adam Ayres <ad...@lithium.com>.
Not sure if this will be helpful for anyone else but I used this to
rename ~120 of our templates from html to tml when upgrading from 5.0.5
to 5.0.6.

Windows command line to do subversion rename for all files in a folder
(and subfolder) from *.html to *.tml:

>>FOR /R %A in (*.html) do svn rename %~pnA.html %~pnA.tml

Adam