Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Sangal_ak04 <ar...@galileo.com> on 2008/09/29 18:22:46 UTC

Re: cvstagdiff -- rdiff with -kk option in ANT

Thanks Stephen.

It looks like the issue is with $LOG$ cvs variable as when I'm running CVS
command on Linux prompt, I'm getting differences between 2 versions of a
file (only due to the keywords i.e. $Revision$, $author etc).

-kk is solving that (i.e. it's suppressing the keyword expansion while doing
the rdiff or in checkout in case you want to diff), but $LOG$ variable is
still not suppressing. It's a know bug in CVS.

arun

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Sangal ak <ar...@galileo.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting an error mesg while running "ant" using this
>> build.xml. It's saying... unknown "-k" option.
>>
>> Can't I use these lines:
>>
>>                <commandline>
>>                     <argument value="-kk"/>
>>                 </commandline>
>>
>> with "cvstagdiff" ???
>
> This leads to -kk preceede the rdiff command and this again makes the
> cvs executable complain since there is no -k option to cvs itself.
> You can see that if you run Ant in verbose mode.
>
> You might want to open an enhancement request for an attribute that
> made the task specify -kk itself (if there isn't already one).
>
> As a workaround, if you use package="-kk ${module}" Ant will pass the
> -kk option down to rdiff (and it should work, untested).
>
> Stefan

-----
Brgds,
Arun Sangal