Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/09/23 17:29:02 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "FAQ" page has been changed by HossMan.
The comment on this change is: outdated advice about needing to optimize after delete all.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=70&rev2=71

  == How can I rebuild my index from scratch if I change my schema? ==

-  1. Stop your application server
+  1. Stop your server
-  1. Change your schema.xml file
+  1. Change your schema.xml
-  1. Start your application server
+  1. Start your server
-  1. Send an {{{<optimize/>}}} command.
   1. Re-Index your data

- One can also delete all documents, change the schema.xml file, and then reload the core w/o shutting down Solr.
+ One can also delete all documents, change the schema.xml file, and then [[CoreAdmin|reload the core]] w/o shutting down Solr.

  == How can I update a specific field of an existing document? ==