Posted to users@flex.apache.org by zantafio <fl...@krankenstein.net> on 2017/03/16 10:57:58 UTC

Pouchdb integration?

Hello,

i am quite new to Flexjs.
Have been an avid AS3 / Air developer and I need to incorporate pouchdb into
one of my projects, since the backend-developer would like to use it.

Has anyone here done that? I guess I'd need to edit the transpiled
Javascript code directly, right?
I am a bit afraid that the resulting project might me quite a mishmash...
An option would be Ionic it seems.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Posted by zantafio <fl...@krankenstein.net>.
thanks mate.
will post in the dev list.

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
On 3/17/17, 5:39 AM, "OK" <po...@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>Josh Tynjala creates a utility called "dts2as" which transpiles TypeScript
>to AS3 [1].
>There already exist TypeScript definitions for PouchDB [2][3].
>
>Maybe some of the pros here are able to assess if this could work?

dts2as is one way to do it.

We are working on another way where you define the API in ActionScript.
If you are interested in that, please start a thread on the dev@ mailing
list.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi,
Josh Tynjala creates a utility called "dts2as" which transpiles TypeScript
to AS3 [1].
There already exist TypeScript definitions for PouchDB [2][3].

Maybe some of the pros here are able to assess if this could work?

Olaf

[1]
https://nextgenactionscript.com/tutorials/dts2as-typescript-definitions-with-actionscript/
[2] https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped
[3] http://www.nuget.org/packages?q=pouchdb

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Posted by zantafio <fl...@krankenstein.net>.
hello alex and thanks,

any hints / tuts on how i could create that SWC.
not sure if the learning curve might be to steep for my current project.

thanks again

Re: Pouchdb integration?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/16/17, 3:57 AM, "zantafio" <fl...@krankenstein.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i am quite new to Flexjs.
>Have been an avid AS3 / Air developer and I need to incorporate pouchdb
>into
>one of my projects, since the backend-developer would like to use it.
>
>Has anyone here done that? I guess I'd need to edit the transpiled
>Javascript code directly, right?
>I am a bit afraid that the resulting project might me quite a mishmash...
>An option would be Ionic it seems.
>
>Any Ideas?

I've not heard pouchdb mentioned before.  The theory behind FlexJS is that
nobody should ever have to write JavaScript again!  Any code you need to
run in the browser can be written in ActionScript and transpiled to
JavaScript and you should not have to edit the transpiled code.

To work with third-party JavaScript libraries, you create a typedefs SWC
for that library.  The workflow for doing so has been improved recently.
If you want to work with the latest code, please start a new thread on
dev@flex.apache.org.

Thanks,
-Alex