Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2017/01/21 16:20:01 UTC

How does sa know when pyzor sees a spam msg?

Having a heck of a time googling for this answer.

I'm looking to understand the actual mechanism whereby pyzor tells sa
it thinks a message is spam.

What does sa look for.

My sa setup allows sa to insert X-Spam headers and then procmail looks
for certain of those

  :0fw
  | /usr/bin/spamc

  :0:

So does pyzor insert something I can tell procmail to lookfor or does
pyzor somehow tell SA a msg is spam and then sa inserts something I
can tell procmail to look for?

What is the actual mechanism between pyzor and sa.  How do they
converse.

How is it all found by procmail?

The actual details are hard to find.

Plenty about pyzor checking its servers but not much about what
happens then.

Re: How does sa know when pyzor sees a spam msg?

Posted by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com>.
Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> writes:

[...]

Harry wrote:
>>How is it all found by procmail?

Matus UHLAR responded:
> exactly as you use above. It also does not matter if you use pyzor, all
> checks SA uses are evaluated that way.
>
> Simply install pyzor (razor, dcc, ...), activate SA plugins and let SA do
> the job.

Got it.  Thanks for the help

Re: How does sa know when pyzor sees a spam msg?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 21.01.17 11:20, Harry Putnam wrote:
>I'm looking to understand the actual mechanism whereby pyzor tells sa
>it thinks a message is spam.
>
>What does sa look for.

that's problem of Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor plugin.

>My sa setup allows sa to insert X-Spam headers and then procmail looks
>for certain of those
>
>  :0fw
>  | /usr/bin/spamc
>
>  :0:
>
>So does pyzor insert something I can tell procmail to lookfor or does
>pyzor somehow tell SA a msg is spam and then sa inserts something I
>can tell procmail to look for?
>
>What is the actual mechanism between pyzor and sa.  How do they
>converse.

well, SA does use the pyzor output. It's quite irelevant how.
The point is, when pyzor reports message as spam, SA increases its score, so
the probability of mail being detected as spam is higher.