Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yatir <ya...@outbrain.com> on 2009/09/03 12:42:02 UTC

Question: How do I run the solr analysis tool programtically ?

Form java code I want to contact solr through Http and supply a text buffer
(or a url that returns text, whatever is easier) and I want to get in return
the final list of tokens (or the final text buffer) after it went through
all the query time filters defined for this solr instance (stemming, stop
words etc)
thanks in advance

Re: Question: How do I run the solr analysis tool programtically ?

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yatir,

The FieldAnalysisRequestHandler has the same behavior as the analysis tool.
It will show you the list of tokens that are created after each of the
filters have been applied.  It can be used through normal HTTP requests, or
you can use SolrJ's support.

Thanks,
Chris