Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Aric Gardner <ag...@linuxfoundation.org> on 2014/10/10 22:32:26 UTC

jclouds GCE provider -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- doesn't contain % line [-----END ]

Anyone here using google-compute-engine provider for jclouds there appears
to be a problem when putting the pem extracted from the .p12 into the
<credential> section of my jenkins config.xml

Followed these instruction
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/tree/master/google-compute-engine
to extract the pem file from the p12

Error is see when trying to test connection:

Cannot connect to specified cloud, please check the identity and
credentials: chars -----BEGIN
RSA PRIVATE KEY----- AAAAB<SNIP>XmXR -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- doesn't
contain % line [-----END ]

If I remove the "-----BEGIN RSA", jclouds correctly tells me that % dosen't
contain the line -----BEGIN but it seems to be barfing on parsing the
"-----END" part

I thought It might have to do with pasting the key into the Credential
section of the configure jenkins U/I, but I placed the key directly into
the config.xml's <credential></credential> section, and I'm getting the
same error.

jenkins-1.583-1.1.noarch
Jclouds plugin 2.8
CentOS 6.5

Any ideas?

-Aric

Re: jclouds GCE provider -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- doesn't contain % line [-----END ]

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> The examples run properly, the problem is specific to the jenkins plugin.
> Chris Custine confirmed the issue on freenode (#jclouds) He told me that he
> would have time to dig into it sometime this week.

Thanks for the follow-up, Aric!

ap

Re: jclouds GCE provider -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- doesn't contain % line [-----END ]

Posted by Aric Gardner <ag...@linuxfoundation.org>.
Hi Andrew,
The examples run properly, the problem is specific to the jenkins plugin.
Chris Custine confirmed the issue on freenode (#jclouds) He told me that he
would have time to dig into it sometime this week.

Regards,
-Aric

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Aric