Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2002/06/12 15:46:13 UTC

Cocoon and J2EE

Hello,

How to use Cocoon in a J2EE project??

I have created an app.cocoon_war.ear Enterprise ARchive which contains the cocoon.war (with web context = cocoon).
It seems to work because I can see the Cocoon welcome page when I request http://localhost/cocoon.

Now I want to test a simple Hello World program. I have these files:
sitemap.xmap
hello.xsl
helloworld.xml

Do I put these files in a Web ARchive (.war)?
Do I put these files or the Web ARchive in the app.cocoon_war.ear Enterprise ARchive or in another Enterprise ARchive?

Is it necessary to have the cocoon.war in a Enterprise ARchive to work with Cocoon?

Thank you very much
Sylvain

RE: Cocoon and J2EE

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com [mailto:Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com]
>
> Hello,
>
> How to use Cocoon in a J2EE project??
>
> I have created an app.cocoon_war.ear Enterprise ARchive which contains
the
> cocoon.war (with web context = cocoon).
> It seems to work because I can see the Cocoon welcome page when I
request
> http://localhost/cocoon.
>
> Now I want to test a simple Hello World program. I have these files:
> sitemap.xmap
> hello.xsl
> helloworld.xml
>
> Do I put these files in a Web ARchive (.war)?

Yes.

> Do I put these files or the Web ARchive in the app.cocoon_war.ear
Enterprise
> ARchive or in another Enterprise ARchive?

Do you want to create new enterprise app or modify one you already have?

> Is it necessary to have the cocoon.war in a Enterprise ARchive to work
with
> Cocoon?

What is cocoon.war? One which comes with distribution, with samples and
lots of optional components?

You can create own war with customized set of components and no samples
and name it as you want.

Vadim