Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "alex.gitelzon" <al...@provell.com> on 2009/08/04 21:21:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with a website and mod_proxy

I have apache 2.2.12 set up as a forward proxy server. When I try and go to
the website www.csc24seven.com through apache, it takes a long time to load
the page, over 3 minutes. When I go through any other route, on that server
and other servers, the page loads in under a minute.

I noticed that this specific website has 2 AAAA records shown by this dig:
dig www.csc24seven.com any
; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> www.csc24seven.com any
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.csc24seven.com.            IN      ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.csc24seven.com.     11710   IN      AAAA    ::ffff:62.189.245.103
www.csc24seven.com.     11710   IN      AAAA    ::ffff:92.43.40.36
www.csc24seven.com.     11710   IN      A       92.43.40.36

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
csc24seven.com.         11710   IN      NS      ns1.directnic.com.
csc24seven.com.         11710   IN      NS      ns0.directnic.com.

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Aug  4 14:15:52 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 154

When using tcpdump to monitor the server, I noticed that apache tries to
make connections to the 92 ip address and the 62 ip address, but the 62 ip
address never responds. Even though the 62 ip address never responds, when
not using apache, the page still loads completely  and relatively quickly

Here is my apache proxy config:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ErrorLog "logs/web-error_log"
 CustomLog "logs/server-access_log" combined

    ProxyRequests On
    ProxyVia On
    AllowCONNECT 443 563

    <Proxy *>