Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2015/04/25 09:19:48 UTC

Jenkins and Solar

Both Jenkins and Solar have not been running. They were both pointing to the svn repository.  Infra fixed Solar and that site is now updated. I modified Jenkins and manually ran it.  It is getting 3 test failures in log4j-core:

https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Log4j%202.x/1119/org.apache.logging.log4j$log4j-core/console <https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Log4j%202.x/1119/org.apache.logging.log4j$log4j-core/console>

Failed tests:
  ResolverUtilTest.testExtractPathFromFileUrlNotDecodedIfFileExists:72 should not be decoded: /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Log4j 2.x/log4j-core/target/test-classes/log4j config with plus characters.xml
  ResolverUtilTest.testExtractPathFromJarUrlNotDecodedIfFileExists:48 should not be decoded: /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/Log4j 2.x/log4j-core/target/test-classes/log4j config with plus characters.xml
  FileUtilsTest.testFileFromUriWithPlusCharactersInName:38 expected:<log4j[+config+with+plus+]characters.xml> but was:<log4j[ config with plus ]characters.xml>

I have not looked into these failures yet.

Ralph

Re: Jenkins and Solar

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
When I view the system information for H10 - https://builds.apache.org/computer/H10/systemInfo <https://builds.apache.org/computer/H10/systemInfo> - I am noticing that the file encoding is ISO-8859-1.  When I run mvn -X on my ubuntu VM file.encoding is set to UTF-8. I also notice that in my VM the environment variable LANG is set to en_US.UTF-8 while it is just en_US on H10.  I have tried setting these values but I am not sure they are taking effect in my VM. I think I will have to change the VM settings to match H10.

Ralph

Re: Jenkins and Solar

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It could be, but I have no idea how to tell since I can’t log in to the Jenkins server.  When I look at the workspace in Jenkins I can see that the file with the correct name is there.

https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Log4j%202.x/ws/log4j-core/target/test-classes/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Log4j%202.x/ws/log4j-core/target/test-classes/>

Re: Jenkins and Solar

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Could it be a code page issue?