Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/07/03 07:03:29 UTC

Re: Apache Incubation: pending tasks

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> 1) gathering of iCLAs from contributors: still no response from 4
> committers; 15 persons already sent their iCLA, but the documents were
> not filed at Apache; PLEASE, if you are listed in group A or B in this
> page:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers
>
> and your status is S or R, please, download a new iCLA (not cCLA!):
>
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> sign it and send it again to the ASF (by fax is fine); it's very
> important... THANKS.
>
> 2) replace the MIT license with the ASL2.0 header in all the project's
> files

I spent some time this afternoon clearing up the issues with remaining people who have not responded to the CLA solicitations. I added comments on the remaining ones on the docs page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Developers

Based on the feedback from the legal list query a while back that we had done sufficient work to cover the needs for licensing in incubation (if I understood it right...), I think we are now ready to replace all license headers and move forward with incubation, even starting review of all requirements and if that goes well then I guess the next step is an application for graduation, or however that works?

Actually, here is what Justin wrote:

=======================
I think that you're covered enough to proceed with Incubation, and keep the
original license notice (MIT, right?) on those files that those contributors
added portions to.  If/when you receive an iCLA for those folks, we can
remove that notice.  All other files can be relicensed to ALv2 accordingly.

Great work guys!  -- justin

So, I guess with the remaining people in the "R" if we do add ASLv2 license headers now we'll have to leave the MIT license headers on the files with their stuff until we get a CLA from them.

Should we bother with this now, or just wait? It would be nice to move along with incubation...

BTW, I also updated the "R" list from the ~jim/committers page, and it didn't find any updates for the remaining 9 people on that list.

-David