Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/10/13 21:58:33 UTC

[VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Hi all!

Since the last release we have developed two significant enhancements for
Xalan-C and we are thinking about releasing the new version .
The new , Xalan-C 1.9 release will include :

        -  Plagguble memory management : Xalan-C will be more stable in
managing of the memory allocations and the user will be guarded against
potential memory leaks
        -  Iterative processing : Xalan-C will be more stable in
processing very big/deep XML files and stylesheets
        -  Xalan-C can be tested on the Unix platforms with "Conf"
        -  Compatibility with Xerces-C 2.6 and (optionally) ICU 3.0
        -  New compilers (addition of VC7.1  project files)
        -  Bug fixes

Our set of binary packages will be changed in accordance with the Xerces-C
2.6 release.
We will release on:
32 bit:
        - Win32 VC6 SP5
        - Linux RH8 / gcc 3.2
        - AIX 5.1 /xlC_r 6
        - HP 11i/ aCC 03.052
        - Solaris 2.8 Forte C++ 6.2
64 bit:
        - Linux SuSE 8.0 / gcc 3.2
        - AIX 5.1 /xlC_r 6
        - HP 11i/ aCC 03.052
        - Solaris 2.8 Forte C++ 6.2

I'd suggest to set Nov 12 as a target day , so the CVS code will be frozen
from Nov 9 , Tuesday.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated !

Please vote!

Here is my
+1

Thanks!
Dmitry Hayes

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
+1!

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by June Ng <ju...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1

June K. Ng
XSLT Development
Email: june@ca.ibm.com

Dmitry Hayes/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
10/13/2004 03:58 PM
Please respond to
xalan-c-users

xalan-dev@xml.apache.org, xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
[...]

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
Hi Sebastien,

We don't have anyone right now who can do that, since there are no current
Mac committers.  If you'd like to update the project and provide a patch,
that would be great.

Thanks!

Dave

Sebastien Boisvert <se...@yahoo.com>
10/15/2004 10:25 AM
Please respond to xalan-dev

        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

>We will release on:
>32 bit:
>        - Win32 VC6 SP5
>        - Linux RH8 / gcc 3.2
>        - AIX 5.1 /xlC_r 6
>        - HP 11i/ aCC 03.052
>        - Solaris 2.8 Forte C++ 6.2

How about an updated Xcode project for building on
MacOSX also (the current project file is really
outdated)?

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by Sebastien Boisvert <se...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.

+1
on the Xalan-C 1.9 release

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
+1

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release

Posted by Matthew Hoyt <mh...@ca.ibm.com>.

+1

-Matt.

             Dmitry
             Hayes/Toronto/IBM
             @IBMCA                                                     To
                                       xalan-dev@xml.apache.org,
             10/13/2004 03:58          xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release
                 xalan-dev

Re: [VOTE] Xalan-C 1.9 release