Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Sérgio Lopes <kn...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/28 17:21:40 UTC

How to get NetBeans 10 as maven dependencies

Hi,

I'm trying to build/update a NetBeans IDE module to work with the latest
release, the module was created for NetBeans 8.2 using Maven. It was not
created by me and I have no experience with Maven, so I'm struggling to
update the dependencies to use NetBeans 10.

If I'm not mistaken, there are no maven repositories for 10 available yet,
so I'm trying to build the release branch and populate my local maven
repository. I was trying to follow the details on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-467 but can't get the
nb-repository-plugin to install/download.

Now, should I keep following those details or are there any set of
instructions that are more up to date? And how can I specify the location
of the nb-repository-plugin so maven can install it?

The command I'm using is:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:nb-repository-plugin:1.4-SNAPSHOT:populate
-DdeployUrl=file:////Users/sergio/.m2/repository/ -DgeneratePom=true
-DnetbeansNbmDirectory=./nbbuild/nbms
-DnetbeansInstallDirectory=./nbbuild/netbeans
-DnetbeansSourcesDirectory=./nbbuild/build/source-zips
-DforcedVersion=RELEASE100 -DgroupIdPrefix=org.apache.netbeans
-Ddetail=true -e
I tried using the repositoryUrl to specify the plugin's URL but not sure
what to put in it.

Thank you,

Sérgio Lopes

--
http://www.sergiolopes.eu
https://twitter.com/sergiomnlopes

Re: How to get NetBeans 10 as maven dependencies

Posted by Sérgio Lopes <kn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eirik,

Thank you for the reply.
Also had to build the nb-repository-plugin and its dependencies (in the
same repo).

I now have everything build, but seems my pom.xml files needs a few
updates, will have a look into those next week to see if I can finally
build the Play framework support module in NB10.

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
Hi, Sergio.