Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sebastian Reitenbach <re...@rapideye.de> on 2006/02/01 10:40:49 UTC

[users@httpd] only allowing specific hosts via https proxy

Hi,

I am trying to do the following with the apache proxy module:

I want to use apache proxy module for http, ftp and https (for some special
trusted hosts) and redirect it to mod_clamav.

This works very well for http and ftp. scanning https does not work, therefore
I want to setup a whitelist of trusted https hosts.

The AllowCONNECT statement only allows to define allowed ports, therefore
useless.

The ProxyBlock is generally useful to block unwanted content, to setup a
blacklist. so far so good, but not useful for my case.

Then I thought the <Proxy > or <ProxyMatch > containers would do the trick,
but it does not seem to be that case.

The following will block all traffic to e.g. http://www.ccc.de
<ProxyMatch "http.*.ccc.de.*">
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from none
</ProxyMatch>

But the following will not block traffic to e.g. https://www.ccc.de
<ProxyMatch "https.*.ccc.de.*">
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from none
</ProxyMatch>

I also tried the same with the <Proxy> container, but got the same result.

Is there a way to only allow https connections to some given specific hosts?

I am using SuSE 9.3 and the apache2-2.0.53-9.7 rpm of my distribution.

kind regards
Sebastian