Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hubbard, Charles (ISSAtlanta)" <CH...@iss.net> on 2000/04/05 00:21:17 UTC

Questions about Tomcat class files

Hello,

I've been using tomcat 3 and VisualAge for a little while.  I'm having some
problems with tomcat hitting break points in VisualAge.  It does it, but
very sporadically.  Why do I need to export the files to the file system if
I'm running within VisualAge?  I've noticed it looks for files on the file
system, but in the tutorial on VADD it shows that I can update files right
from within VAJ and have the changes reflected.

Does Tomcat cache files in memory or on the disk?  I know the JSP code is.

I'm just having a lot of problems with Tomcat and VisualAge behaving in a
predicatable fashion.  Sorry if this is too off-topic, but I know people
here are using this stuff together.  (Better than posting on the
newsgroups.) ;)

thanks
charlie