Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Jinyu.Wang" <Ji...@oracle.com> on 2002/01/23 00:51:20 UTC

SOAPActionURI and timeout setting for RPC call

Hello,

Does anyone ever set the SOAPActionURI in the RPC Call.invoke()? What is
used for?

Also, if my SOAP Server is not stable(could be down sometime). Can my client
set a timeout for RPC Call so it'll stop trying to invoke RPC after that?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jinyu

Re: SOAPActionURI and timeout setting for RPC call

Posted by Fred Meredith <fm...@nc.rr.com>.
If memory serves me correctly, the SOAPAction attribute hasn't achieved
widespread use yet.  But if you're developing an internal application, you
could use it as a trigger for what ever you wanted.

Posted by Fred Meredith <fm...@nc.rr.com>.