Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/12 21:17:39 UTC

SVG Image component

Hi,

For my project I need a component (graphicSVG) to embed SVG images to
a page and with the possibility to raster images to common formats
(PNG,JPG, etc) if the browser is not able to render SVG.
The component renderer will use the tag 'embed' to include the SVG
file and, if the attribute 'rasterize' is set to true it will use the
Batik SVG Toolkit from Apache to raster the image. If someone is
interested in the component or want to do some feedback, please do so.
Once finished, if there is interest in it I will put this component in
the sandbox or, if myfaces commiters consider it, it will go to the
myfaces components...

Best regards,

Bruno

Re: SVG Image component

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I see you have some experience in this issue, and I remember your
problems with MathML.
The component I have in mind would be embeded to the page using the
OBJECT tag (and inside this tag, an EMBED tag for browsers that do not
understand the OBJECT tag), something like this:

<object data="test.svg" width="500" height="500" type="image/svg+xml">
   <embed src="test.svg" width="500" height="500" type="image/svg+xml" />
</object>

Till now, I tested this situation using f:verbatim tags, and
everything works ok in IE or Firefox (with the adobe SVG plugin) and
in Firefox Deer Park Alpha 1, which has native SVG support.
The component would have the option to be 'rasterized' to PNG/JPG and
rendered with IMG tags, as a standard image, using the batik
libraries.
I've only tested that everything is shown ok in these browsers, as
this is what I need for my project. Your experience here can be very
helpful, but what I would do now is to implement the component and let
the community give some feedback...

Best regards,

Bruno

Re: SVG Image component