Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/12/28 22:57:37 UTC

Re: Any anti-spam solution against outgoing mail?

>> Hello, list.
>>
>> I have used well SA with procmail well against incoming mail.
>> But there are lots of outgoing spam-mails using web programs or using
>> sendmail at my server.
>> (There are several domains are hosted at the server.)
>>
>> So is there any program like spamassassin which can filter against outgoing
>> spam mail?
>> or any program which can limit sending spam-mail?
>>
>> Please recommend any for me..
>>
>> my system is linux and sendmail.

Hi,

a) it might be possible to enforce valid sender through webserver config .... so it does not say
anonymous@hosting.com but rather shows the actual domain
b) once domains are identified correctly, you might replace the /usr/sbin/sendmail by a wrapper
that performs rate limiting and/or alerting
c) both you andyour client domains should receive bounces
d) you should educate your clients about email form best practices

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: Any anti-spam solution against outgoing mail?

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.
I would think that rate limiting per sender of say 2 messages a minute
might discourage spammers from using your system for outgoing email.
Just a thought.

RE: Any anti-spam solution against outgoing mail?

Posted by vertito <ve...@aim-consultants.com>.
You can also reconfigure your MTA to restrict sending of spam per connection and or per IP or per domain or per minute.
Postfix and sendmail could do these jobs so far.

>b) once domains are identified correctly, you might replace the
>/usr/sbin/sendmail by a wrapper

this is a good idea..
Do you have any recommendable wrapper program about sendmail?

Thanks again for your time..

>From: hamann.w@t-online.de
>To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Any anti-spam solution against outgoing mail?
>Date: 28 Dec 2006 21:57:37 -0000
>
> >> Hello, list.
> >>
> >> I have used well SA with procmail well against incoming mail.
> >> But there are lots of outgoing spam-mails using web programs or
> >> using sendmail at my server.
> >> (There are several domains are hosted at the server.)
> >>
> >> So is there any program like spamassassin which can filter against
outgoing
> >> spam mail?
> >> or any program which can limit sending spam-mail?
> >>
> >> Please recommend any for me..
> >>
> >> my system is linux and sendmail.
> >>

>Hi,
>
>a) it might be possible to enforce valid sender through webserver
>config
.... so it does not say
>anonymous@hosting.com but rather shows the actual domain
>b) once domains are identified correctly, you might replace the
/usr/sbin/sendmail by a wrapper
>that performs rate limiting and/or alerting
>c) both you andyour client domains should receive bounces
>d) you should educate your clients about email form best practices
>
>Wolfgang Hamann

지금 가까이 있는 싱글들을 찾아 보세요!
http://match.kr.msn.com/channel/index.aspx?trackingid=1002127

Re: Any anti-spam solution against outgoing mail?

Posted by Monty Ree <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for your kind answer.
I have additional question.