Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/08/08 02:08:39 UTC

Relicensing project

Hi, all.  I've uploaded the scripts to
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FixingLicenseHeader.  This means you,
yes you, can help with the relicensing project.  Take a look at the Wiki
page, all you need to know should be there.

It's *possible* that we don't have to get all this done in time for
10.2.  But at this point I'm not counting on it, and am assuming we
should get this done in time for the 10.2 branch that is scheduled to
happen at the end of this week.

So, while you're waiting for derbyall to finish, pick a directory, sign
up for it, run the scripts, review it, build it, and either submit the
patch to the JIRA (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1377) if
you're a contributor, or commit it if you're a committer.  I will thank
you, Rick will thank you, the Apache legal team will thank you, and hey,
that's gotta be worth something.

I'd offer chocolate to the person with the most directories checked in,
but I don't want to compete with the Regression Challenge...

David

Re: Relicensing project

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
David Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, all.  I've uploaded the scripts to
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FixingLicenseHeader.  This means you,
> yes you, can help with the relicensing project.

Just to be pedantic, we are not relicensing Derby.

Dan.