Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org> on 2018/03/26 14:24:37 UTC

change on the experimental public metrics API

Hi all,
Please note that there was a change in the public metrics API that is annotated experimental. It is a tiny change:

When working on this PR https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/4548 MetricQueryResults needed to be serialized to be pushed
to a metrics sink. As they were it required a custom serializer that just calls the name(), counter(), committed(),
attempted() ... methods. MetricQueryResults were so close to be serializable with the default serializer, just needed
the accessors to be renamed get*, that creating DTO objects with get* methods to just call the non-get methods seemed
unnecessary.
So I just renamed public accessors to get* on the experimental API. The change is isolated in this PR https://github.com
/apache/beam/pull/4918

Best,
Etienne

Re: change on the experimental public metrics API

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1, thanks for the update.

Regards
JB