Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mikko Kärkkäinen <mi...@cc.jyu.fi> on 2001/11/21 08:27:48 UTC

Turbine with no database connections

Hi

  I'm very new to Turbine, but I already got the NewApp up and running,
which was great.

  My question is:

  I installed MySQL in order to get the NewApp to work. I tried to get it
to work without database connections, because I'm working on a university
PC and installing things like MySQL requires that I call an Admin to pay
me a visit (he did, which was great too).
  Anyway, in the future, if I want to make Turbine work with, let's say, a
regular file system instead of a real database, which properties should I
change, what should I comment out and so on?

This is important, because we're doing a project for a real company with
the aim of finding a good servlet based framework, so we need as much
information as possible (we may start using Turbine as it is...)

  And if there's a HowTo on this, just redirect() me :) !

mikkark@st.jyu.fi
University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

Re: Turbine with no database connections

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <ma...@hometree.net>.
Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> writes:

>Mikko Kärkkäinen wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>>   I'm very new to Turbine, but I already got the NewApp up and running,
>> which was great.
>>
>>   My question is:
>>
>>   I installed MySQL in order to get the NewApp to work. I tried to get it
>> to work without database connections, because I'm working on a university
>> PC and installing things like MySQL requires that I call an Admin to pay
>> me a visit (he did, which was great too).
>>   Anyway, in the future, if I want to make Turbine work with, let's say, a
>> regular file system instead of a real database, which properties should I
>> change, what should I comment out and so on?

>why don't you use hypersonic?

Any you can install MySQL as a regular user. No problem here.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

Re: Turbine with no database connections

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Mikko Kärkkäinen wrote:

> Hi
>
>   I'm very new to Turbine, but I already got the NewApp up and running,
> which was great.
>
>   My question is:
>
>   I installed MySQL in order to get the NewApp to work. I tried to get it
> to work without database connections, because I'm working on a university
> PC and installing things like MySQL requires that I call an Admin to pay
> me a visit (he did, which was great too).
>   Anyway, in the future, if I want to make Turbine work with, let's say, a
> regular file system instead of a real database, which properties should I
> change, what should I comment out and so on?

why don't you use hypersonic?

martin