Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com> on 2015/05/05 02:44:02 UTC

source position of subidentifier, not whole name

Jinfeng,

I notice that in this error message:

java.sql.SQLException: PARSE ERROR: From line 7, column 12 to line 7, column 14: Table 'dfs.cross-sources.fewtypes_null_view1' not found

the columns numbers referring to this line 7:

inner join dfs.`cross-sources`.fewtypes_null_view1 o

point to just the "dfs" part rather the whole table name
("dfs.`cross-sources`.fewtypes_null_view1").

Is it intentional that we're pointing to only first token in the compound
name, or do we want to point to the whole compound name?

Daniel

--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies

Re: source position of subidentifier, not whole name

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <jn...@apache.org>.
Please open a JIRA.  We should point to the compound name in the error
message.