Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gavin Carr <ga...@openfusion.com.au> on 2001/02/02 02:44:18 UTC

htaccess and EmbperlObject

Hi all,

.htaccess files don't seem to work in EmbperlObject-ified directories,
even for files that EmbperlObject doesn't end up handling. Is this a
a known limitation (or a feature!), or have I butchered something?
AllowOverride AuthConfig is set.

I'm wanting to restrict access to certain parts of the directory tree on
the fly, for all files (not just EMBPERL_FILESMATCH ones, so handling in
base.html isn't an option). Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gavin

Re: htaccess and EmbperlObject

Posted by Gavin Carr <ga...@openfusion.com.au>.
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 07:20:18AM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> > .htaccess files don't seem to work in EmbperlObject-ified directories,
> > even for files that EmbperlObject doesn't end up handling. Is this a
> > a known limitation (or a feature!), or have I butchered something?
>
> EmbperlObject does nothing to .htaccess processing or authorization. It
> can't even do it, because it comes to late in the request cycle. So there
> must be another problem, which is independend of EmbperlObject.

Thanks Gerald - my fault. I was using <Location> tags for my Embperl
directories, not realising they don't get mapped until after the
authen/authz checking, so my AllowOverrides weren't getting picked up.
Changed to <Directory> and it all works fine. Thanks again for the quick
response.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> .htaccess files don't seem to work in EmbperlObject-ified directories,
> even for files that EmbperlObject doesn't end up handling. Is this a
> a known limitation (or a feature!), or have I butchered something?

EmbperlObject does nothing to .htaccess processing or authorization. It
can't even do it, because it comes to late in the request cycle. So there
must be another problem, which is independend of EmbperlObject.

Gerald