Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Armaz Mellati <Ar...@uninett.no> on 2005/07/25 15:59:26 UTC

Portal best practice using "roles"

Hi

How should I handle users having several roles in Cocoon Portal (with authentication framework)?

I have 3 roles (or group of people). Each with its own set of coplets and layout. However there are users who can have several roles
(belong to several groups).
How should I set up the Portal to allow a user having 2 roles, get access to both sets of his/her coplets ?

I have been trying to provide the user with a link to switch his role. It is easy to change the role in authentication-context. But
I can't make the Portal to reset the coplets and layouts.

I will be very thankful to get any suggestions on either how to reset the Portal without logging out. Or any other way of handling
users with several roles.

Regards,
Armaz