Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Christine Y. Lee" <cy...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/05 00:55:09 UTC

developing for nifi-web-ui? ui changes that stick?

I've just started looking at nifi this week and was trying to make some
simple ui changes. I'm pretty unfamiliar with java and maven, but I spent a
couple of days looking through and trying to figure out how to make ui
changes that stick. I saw a post from 2015 stating that I need to rebuild
the nifi-web-ui and nifi-framework-nar modules, so I've been running "mvn
clean install" in both of those directories with no success, starting and
stopping the nifi service, and also tried copy-pasting the nar file into
the nifi-assembly target lib directory. However I am not able to see any
changes or am just breaking the build. I'm shooting a bit in the dark! It
also occurred to me that there's got to be a faster way to do this as well.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: developing for nifi-web-ui? ui changes that stick?

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Christine,

Have you successfully built the entire application first? Once that's done
you should be able to follow those same steps you've outlined.

1 - Rebuild the nifi-web-ui
2 - Rebuild the nifi-framework-nar
3 - Copy the resulting nar from the target directory of the
nifi-framework-nar into the lib folder or your NiFi install
4 - Restart NiFi

If this isn't working can you please provide more details or any specific
errors/issues your encountering. These steps are the fastest way to realize
changes from built binaries that will stick around between invocations.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Matt