Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/24 16:50:22 UTC

Questions about IoTDB-607, 617 (tag/attribute feature)

Hi,

I notice that we are letting IoTDB supports tag/attributes, which is an
exciting feature.

My question is, I can hardly understand when createMultiplyTimeseries can
be triggered... Which SQL can trigger that?

If we can add some examples in our issue descriptions, and show our
interface design or feature design (only for new features) before we
develop the issues, it will help others know why we such a task, and
(what's more,) what we can give to users.

Besides, I notice we are enriching the feature, like adding "alter" syntax.
Can we create an issue (or wiki) to put all of these issues into one place
for indexing purposes?

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Questions about IoTDB-607, 617 (tag/attribute feature)

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawei,

> I think some users cannot open jira, so it is created by community
contributors on their behalf, which results in the loss of information.

If so, why we use JIRA? JIRA is not only for reminding contributors to know
what they need to do, but also for letting others know what you are doing.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> 于2020年4月25日周六 上午9:24写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

createMultiTimeseries is a rpc interface. And I just implement it in Session API.
The example can be found in SessionExample.
I forget to update the user guide. I will update it after the renaming PR [1] is merged.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/1060

Jialin Qiao