Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Mehandiratta, Hitender" <hi...@capgemini.com> on 2006/04/07 09:12:11 UTC

crimson project

Hi,

I found that crimson project is shown as inactive in your site. Could
you please tell me know what 'inactive' is actually mean. I tried to go
through the documentation uploaded for this project but I could not
identify any 'crimson' project specific utilities that are not
originally offered by Sun APIs (JAXB-JAXP).

Actually, I just wanted to know that our project uses SUN APIs as off
course used in 'crimson' too. Is there something you are going to
update/replace in crimson or will it have any impact on my project if we
are using the same libraries(shipped in Sun provided JAXB-JAXP ) as used
in 'crimson' project?

Regards,

Hitender Mehandiratta

Re: crimson project

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
"Inactive" means Crimson is dead. It won't be maintained anymore.
Xerces-J is its successor: http://xerces.apache.org. Even Sun uses
Xerces-J as the primary XML parser since Java 1.5.

On 07.04.2006 09:12:11 Mehandiratta, Hitender wrote:
> I found that crimson project is shown as inactive in your site. Could
> you please tell me know what 'inactive' is actually mean. I tried to go
> through the documentation uploaded for this project but I could not
> identify any 'crimson' project specific utilities that are not
> originally offered by Sun APIs (JAXB-JAXP).
>
> Actually, I just wanted to know that our project uses SUN APIs as off
> course used in 'crimson' too. Is there something you are going to
> update/replace in crimson or will it have any impact on my project if we
> are using the same libraries(shipped in Sun provided JAXB-JAXP ) as used
> in 'crimson' project?

Jeremias Maerki