Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 06:49:47 UTC

LevelDB replication configuration for two broker nodes with "replicas=1"

Hi,

If I specify "replica=1" in the replicated leveldb configuration; one node
can become the master even if other nodes are down. And other nodes will
replicate from master once they come up. I have couple of questions for this
configuration.

1. Here replicas = 1: The master will store the update locally and report
success OR does master wait for quorum of the slaves to replicate before
reporting the success.

2. I am trying to use the  above mentioned configuration(replica=1) for two
broker nodes. So that clients can communicate to one broker even if other
goes down. Is it the recommended way to use this configuration? Can I run
two broker nodes with replica=1 config. Any side effect of running two
nodes. ?

Please help me in this. I am stuck in my work.

Thanks,
Anuj